Tuesday, April 26, 2011

W.I.P. of Tom McEwen 75 duster (go navy flyer)

As i try to show you my chassis update my pictures of the build have disappeared but i dome how fine copies of the on going project...need to say it was very hard to get these pictures back.and i would like to start over of explainning my build of the car...I did it my way to show that the build dows have some flaws in, but thats my oppion on the subject...if all do veiw it i hope i get some responces of this project it is my first big project that i am showing to you i hope i do get some feedback from all of you who look at it ifg it looks bad of what i have done please let me know if not then let me know if its good...o.k. 

i live in southern california practilly all my life...i really love drag racing all my life and tom lived 2 cities where i use to grow up in fountian valley california and kenny bernstein in new port beach and john force at the time his shop in buena park 2 streets where i use to live and big jim dunn in la mirada at the time....but i allways loved tyom's duster i did build one when i was 10 years old but because i was only 10 i didnt havr the knowledge what i have know now.....i waited for a year for this kit to come out when i first herd of it...I think it would be challenging for me and too see how many parts i can do with out going over board of the project....so when last year when the kit came out it was a decent kit but i could and will change alot of things to...what i think a better build...the kit says it has 102 peices to the kit but after i saw in the industry of aftermarket parts...who knows what i can do too it...... but i have to get reference pictures of the build to try to make it acurate as possible... so here is the kit..

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/UNDERTHEHOOD/TomMcewenmodel.jpg

now i did some research of the build and found these on the web sight to guide me through of the project.....

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/UNDERTHEHOOD/1974mcewenfunnycar.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/UNDERTHEHOOD/2morepicturesoftomsfunnycar.jpg 

that is my start of the build i will post more tommarrow of the build of the chassis build....  Why the chassis? Because in my oppion, it is the most important of the build to make sure everything is corrected and straight also if i do build the motor first,in the past i wanted to build it quick to see what it looks like,,it just a different approach so see you tommarrowSmile

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/945023.aspx

Alfonso Thiele Eric Thompson Johnny Thomson Leslie Thorne Bud Tingelstad

No comments:

Post a Comment