Thursday, April 28, 2011

Any advice on good kits of the 1930's classics - how about the Heller kits?

I've been trying to find some good quality kits of the old classic cars like the Bugatti's, Duesenbergs, Mercedes, Delahaye,etc.  I have the Monogram kit of the Duesenberg and a few of the old Jo-Han 1930's kits (Cadillacs and Mercedes) which I love (because I used to build these when I was a kid!) but after building Tamiya kits I'm spoiled and am looking for better quality kits. I see that Heller has a number of 1/24 kits in this era, the Talbot-lago, Bugatti Type 50, Delahaye, Bentley and even the old Citroen 2CV look great. Has anyone had any experience in these Heller kits? Not sure if there's a difference between the older issue Heller's and the new ones, or even if these kits were ever re-issued? Any advice on these Heller kits, or any other manufacturers of these classics kits would be great.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/955096.aspx

Walt Faulkner William Ferguson Maria Teresa de Filippis Ralph Firman Ludwig Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment