Sunday, January 30, 2011

Uneven Clear Coat

Hi there all.

I am a 42 year old newbie. Like many here,  I am back to building after many years. GREAT FUN.

I am about to complete assembly on a Tamiya Alfa Romeo Guilia GTA from the 60s.

I watched Donn's DVD with great interest and learned a ton. I have followed his tips for airbrushing the car with great results. I just finished shooting clear for the first time and have found that I have applied it somewhat unevenly. Beginners mistake....

 I used the Testors Enamel Top Clear Coat. My question is can wet sanding help me level out the clear where there is too much? Or should I try the Novus system I purchased? Or wet sand up with 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000. Then hit with Novus 1 and 2?

Thanks guys. I am in awe of the knowledge contained in this forum....

Jon in Toronto.

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/934972.aspx

Andrea Montermini Peter Monteverdi Robin MontgomerieCharrington Juan Pablo Montoya Gianni Morbidelli

No comments:

Post a Comment