Sunday, January 30, 2011

'66 Sunbeam Tiger

I decided to build something different from my typical Buicks. My dad had a Sunbeam Alpine when I was a teen and I thought it was a cool car.

I think this fairly accruately represents a '66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A in Orchid Green with a LAT1 option that included a Holley 4bbl carb and aluminum intake.

The kit was pretty poor. There was TONS of flash and the chrome is horrible. This was my first time airbrushing model enamel. The shine is not what I was looking for. Paint is where I struggle the most with my builds. The build is basically box-stock with an emobssing powder flock job on the interior. Looking at these pics I guess I lost a little flock flipping it over and it's on the windshied. I could have cleaned it better!

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/938398.aspx

Kurt Ahrens Jr Christijan Albers Michele Alboreto Jean Alesi Jaime Alguersuari

No comments:

Post a Comment