Thursday, October 21, 2010

1966 Ford Galaxie 500

Friday night I was looking around Jay Leno's Garage ( http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/ ) and checked out his current project- a '66 Galaxie 500.  I had heard his story many years ago about how he pestered his father into letting him choose the engine for the new family car.  A 427 CI with muffler delete package.  When his father took delievery of the car 4 weeks later, he was not very happy with his son.  Jay's project car was found in Canada as a blue 500 XL.  The car was repainted maroon, shod with American Torque Thrusts, and a 7 Litre Ford big block built by Jack Roush.  Master Chin's Galaxie is the inspiration for my build.

My build will be a bit different using the AMT Ford Galaxie 500 kit.  The motor will be the 427 CI with either the single 4 bbl. or if I can find an oval air cleaner, dual quad carbs.  The wheels will be Cragar SS mags, my favorites!

My paint is Tamiya TS-54 Light Metallic Blue.

More to come.....

Chris Craft Jim Crawford Ray Crawford Alberto Crespo

No comments:

Post a Comment