Thursday, October 28, 2010

Alternative to Airburshing Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black?

 Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good enamel substitute for Tamiya's dreaded X-18 semi-gloss black.

I've all but given up on trying to airbrush this stuff, because as far as I'm concerned, it's next to bloody impossible. I can't seem to airbrush any variant of Tamiya black properly, and it's getting very annoying to have to keep bathing parts in Simple Green to start again.

So, I've never worked with enamels before, but I've heard they act quite a bit nicer than some acrylics in terms of leveling out after being ab'd. I'm sick of getting that dry, pebbly look that I just keep getting with X-1/X-18 and so on.

Thanks for any advice!

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/919878.aspx

George Constantine John Cordts David Coulthard Piers Courage Chris Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment