Monday, October 25, 2010

Flared Fluid Nozzle on HP-C

 Hey guys...

 So, I was cleaning my Iwata HP-C the other week, and I while I had the handle off, I walked away to grab some X-20A. Anyways, the airbrush fell on the concrete floor and landed on the butt end of the fluid needle.

I thought nothing of it, and put it back together. When I turned on my Smart Jet Studio, I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the air was being cut somewhere because the air pressure was building as the trigger was fully depressed.

Turns out I flared the nozzle, and the air wasn't flowing around it as effectively as before. I tried fixing it with VERY little pressure from a pair of pliers to try to get it back to its old shape, but they're machined so precisely, that once they're busted, that's it.

Just before this happened, I decided to upgrade to an HP-C Plus, and keep the HP-C for shooting Alclad and so forth.

My question: Is it possible to find a nozzle for this brush for UNDER $35? It's ridiculous how much suppliers want for these things. The same suppliers sell Iwata Revolution nozzles for like nine bucks. I'm now just considering selling the thing on eBay for cheap to cut my losses a little bit now.

Cheers!

Bob Gerard Gerino Gerini Peter Gethin Piercarlo Ghinzani Bruno Giacomelli

No comments:

Post a Comment